Subject: Re: Voyager effects
From: Scott Burton <[email-masked]>
To: Adrian Onsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 12:19:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, Adrian Onsen wrote:

> 	I have a few questions on how a few effects were done...
> In the intro to Voyager, the ship passes through a cloud of some sort of 
> blue space dust. The dust is scattered aside by the ship moving throught 
> it... How can that effect be created in Lightwave?!? Or can it ?

I believe John Gross addressed this a few months ago when the series 
originally aired.  I believe what he said was that the Voyager was 
Lightwave but the gasseous space effects were done externally by someone 
else (not using Lightwave, was it Wavefront? I can't remember...)  
Anyway, I belive that John stated that most of the shots were combinatons 
of different software and computer platforms (ie: the backgrounds being 
done on Macs etc.)

> 	And the other one, is near the end of the intro to Voyager, juct 
> before it warps into that nebula. The ship is coming towards you, and in 
> behind it, there is a sun emerging from befind a planet, and the screen 
> gets really bright as the sun comes out. There is a "shadow" area created 
> by the ship itself.... How was that done? And how can I create such an 
> effect... 

Sorry cant recal the effect your talking about, have to take a look...

Scott Burton - Lightwave Moderator - Command Line BBS
[email-masked]          (416) 533-8321

--
Scott Burton <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]